Rig Rec allows users to contribute different kinds of content, including reviews, photos, videos, events, votes, tips, and more. We expect everyone on the site to communicate with a sense of respect for others and common courtesy, but just in case, we have put together these general guidelines.
- Inappropriate content: Colorful language and imagery is fine, but there is no need for threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of bigotry.
- Conflicts of interest: Your contributions should be unbiased and objective. For example, you should not write reviews of your own business or employer, your friends’ or relatives’ business, your peers or competitors in your industry, or businesses in your networking group.
- Promotional content: Unless you are using your Trade Professional Account to add content to your business's profile page, we generally frown upon promotional content. Let's keep the site useful for consumers and not overrun with commercial noise from every user.
- Relevance: Please make sure your contributions are relevant and appropriate to the forum. For example, reviews are not the place for rants about a business's employment practices, political ideologies, extraordinary circumstances, or other matters that do not address the core of the consumer experience.
- Privacy: Do not publicize other people’s private information. Please do not post close-up photos or videos of other patrons without their permission, and please do not post other people’s full names unless you are referring to service providers who are commonly identified by or commonly share their own full names.
- Intellectual property: Do not swipe content from other sites or users. You are a capable creative individual, so write your own reviews and take your own photos and videos, please!